February 19-21, 2021
The Venturing Challenge is typically a weekend campout at Bovay Scout Ranch. This event is intended to be an opportunity for the youth to bring prospective Venturers and Sea Scouts to a council-wide activity.
The weekend is filled with games, crew against crew competitions, campfire program. Camp for the weekend with your crew or attend for the day. Activities start on Saturday at 9:45 am and Saturday dinner will be served at 6:30 pm.
Registration can be done as a unit or individually: register online with credit card or electronic check. All participants must be at least 14 years old. The registration fee is per person and includes a patch, and dinner on Saturday. If you are camping individually without a crew/unit, you are responsible for your own food (except for Saturday dinner)! For those registering as individuals, fill the leader's phone number as your parent or guardian. Council refund policy.
Registration will open December 2020
What to Bring
• BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
Parts A & B (for all Scouting events)
• Saturday lunch (Saturday dinner is provided)
• Drinking cup / water bottle
• Hat / Sunscreen lotion
• Rain gear
• Optional: snacks, insect repellent,
camp chair, sunglasses
• Tent / groundcloth
• Sleeping bag / extra blanket / pillow
• Camp chair
• Lantern - propane/battery
• Change of clothes Scout appropriate
• Personal toiletries - soap, towel, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb
• Toilet paper - just in case
• Trash bags
• Personal first aid kit
• Food and cooking equipment for meals