February 24-26 2017
The Venturing Challenge is a weekend campout at a Bovay Scout Ranch. This event is intended to be an opportunity for the youth to bring prospective Venturers and Sea Scouts to a council-wide activity. The weekend is filled with games, movies, crew against crew competitions, campfire program. Camp for the weekend with your crew or attend for the day. Activities start on Saturday at 10:00 am and dinner will be served at 5:30. The theme is Wild, Wild, West.
Registration can be done as a unit or individually. All participants must be at least 14 years old. The registration fee is $15 per person includes a patch, and dinner on Saturday. Bring your own lunch.
T-shirts must be ordered for $15 before 2/15/17. After 2/19/17, there is a $10 late fee.
What to Bring
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record Parts A & B (for all Scouting events) for every participant
- Saturday lunch (Saturday dinner is provided)
- Drinking cup / water bottle
- Hat / Sunscreen lotion
- Rain gear
- Optional: snacks, insect repellent, camp chair, sunglasses
- Tent / groundcloth
- Sleeping bag / extra blanket / pillow
- Camp chair
- Lantern - propane/battery
- Change of clothes for Sat and Sun - Scout appropriate
- Personal toiletries - soap, towel, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb
- Toilet paper - just in case
- Trash bags
- Personal first aid kit
- Food and cooking equipment for meals (except for Saturday dinner)